The Perfect French Omelette!
Omelettes don’t have to be as massive as you may think. With the right ingredients, you can make a gourmet French omelette in 5 minutes. Asparagus are only around for a limited amount of time! Here is the recipe and the steps to creating the perfect omelette.
Producer: Wrightland Farms (Asparagus)
Other Products: (Lee and Maria's Market)
Ingredients (per omelette):
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 1 Tablespoon of freshly chopped soft herbs (parsley or chives or basil)
- ½ Cup of grated Ontario Cheddar
- ½ Cup of cooked asparagus
- 1 Pinch of Salt & Pepper
How to cook asparagus:
- Cut asparagus to desired length (typically removing 1-2 inches of the wood-like stem, from the bottom.)
- Bring water to a boil on high heat. Once your reach a rolling boil, add asparagus for 30 seconds.
- Transfer from pot into a strainer.
Making the perfect omelette:
- Whisk the eggs together with a fork, carefully breaking the yolk.
- With a non-stick pan preheated on a medium burner, melt your butter.
- Once the butter has melted, immediately add the eggs, and scramble gently for 10 seconds.
- Let the egg (liquid) cover the bottom of the pan wait until the egg mixture cooks through (approximately 1 minute) and add your pinch of salt and pepper.
- At this point the egg resembles a thin crepe. Lay out your asparagus in the middle of the omelette (a line) and cover with cheese and fresh herbs.
- Once the cheese has started to melt (1 minute), fold both sides of the omelette onto the asparagus
- flip onto a plate using the pan as your spatula